GOLDEN GATE TRANSPORTERS - extra charges, poor service

Livingston, New Jersey 0 comments

BEWARE ...............BEWARE .................BEWARE ...................BEWARE!!!!

I was quoted $815 with a military discount that stated that the price was final. Upon receipt of my vehicle, I was required to provide $400 more dollars. The personnel were very rude and disrespectful and very rarely returned my phone calls. I was told that if I didn't provide the extra $400 that they would not give me my vehicle and that they would store my vehicle and I would be responsible for the charges. The extra $400 was for truckers fees that were not included in the original quote.

Review about: Vehicle Shipping.

GOLDEN GATE TRANSPORTER

Savannah, Georgia 1 comment

Hello Im writing to when they want a quote of this company be careful because they are auto brokers and do not carry your car.They call another company and give them a date to pick up your vehicle and do not arrive on time and when you call to verify what is going they are slow to respond.

They charge you a deposit and tell you that's for the estimated discounted and when the other company delivers the vehicle you have to pay the original amount and you lose the deposit.

That is the price turns out to be more than quoted.If you receive an email from this person CHARTE be careful, not telling the truth.

Comments

I had the same experience with them.

I bought a car on eBay. Golden Gate Transporter provided a quote to deliver the car. They never identified themselves as brokers and never mentioned their $200 fee. They quoted $275, took a $200 "deposit" and said the rest would be payable on delivery.

When the car arrived, the driver asked for $250. I contacted Golden Gate Transporters and only then did they say that the $200 that I paid was a broker's fee and that I owed the transport company their fee.

Stay far away from them - they are not honest.